Pediatric dentistry is one of the recognized branches of dentistry and it focuses on the oral care of young children and teens. Pediatric dentists go beyond the requirements of general dentistry to understand and address the unique oral health needs of children. If you are interested in knowing how pediatric dentistry benefits children, we offer the following facts and benefits of pediatric dental care:
– Pediatric dentistry emphasizes caring for patients who have specific oral health needs, including infants, teens, and adults with special needs.
– Pediatric dentists are trained to provide several types of treatments in order to meet any pediatric dental health needs.
– These dentists for children receive additional intensive training totaling about 2-3 years following the completion of their general dentistry education.
– Dental services typically associated with older patients can often benefit a child’s oral health, such as dental X-rays and orthodontic treatment.
– A pediatric dentist is committed to improving any oral health problems that your child may be struggling with, and can help your child maintain proper oral health care habits that will preserve their smile for a lifetime.
– Unlike other dentists, pediatric dentists are specifically trained in dealing with child-specific oral health complications, including harmful thumb sucking, teething, and baby bottle tooth decay.
To learn more about the benefits of pediatric dentistry in Haymarket, Virginia, call Haymarket Family and Cosmetic Dentistry at 703-754-0727 today and schedule a time to see Dr. and meet our team!