Caring for your teeth during Halloween is of the utmost importance. Everything you can do to keep your teeth safe will increase the likelihood that your smile will survive for this season and many seasons to come. Listed below are a few tips to remember:
– Don’t forget for additional oral health care treatments, you can visit your dentist for routine checkups and examinations, as well as bi-annual professional cleanings.
– Consider implementing a trade-in program with your child to exchange their candy for money, toys, or other rewards you would like to offer them.
– Avoid sugary treats and acidic foods that can easily damage your tooth enamel.
– Don’t forget to dispose of all candy after Halloween to avoid snacking on it for many weeks to come.
– The longer that candy is in contact with your teeth, the longer the rate at which tooth decay can occur. Limit snacking to select times of the day and be sure to include it as part of larger meals. In addition, avoid chewy or sticky candy that can linger in your mouth long after consumption.
– Avoid hard candy or hard treats that can chip and crack your teeth. This includes candy apples, popcorn balls, and popcorn kernels.
We wish you all a safe and happy Halloween! To book an appointment with Dr. , please call us at 703-754-0727, or stop by our office in Haymarket, Virginia. We look forward to hearing from you soon!