If you wish to keep your smile clean, it is important to make sure you’re brushing and flossing daily. Ideally, you should brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once per day. However traditional dental floss can pose problems for certain individuals with certain oral health care needs. As an alternative, an interdental cleaner such as a water flosser can be safely and effectively used in place of threaded floss. Here are some of the benefits:
– If you struggle with traditional threaded floss, water flossers are highly endorsed and suggested as an alternative to give you a much easier time cleaning between teeth.
– If you have any previous oral health treatment services in your mouth that may hinder or impair regular threaded floss, including treatments such as orthodontic aligners, dental bridges, dentures, or dental crowns, water flossers are a useful and effective alternative interdental option to use.
– When purchasing a water flosser, always look for products that have been deemed safe and effective by your dentist.
– Water flossers are extremely effective because they do not use any thread as traditional floss does, but instead uses a steady gush of water to help rinse away harmful bacteria and debris between teeth.
– Look for water flossers that come with the ADA Seal of Acceptance as it is given by the American Dental Association for products that are safe and effective for use.
If you require aid with a smile makeover, you are welcome to book an appointment at Haymarket Family and Cosmetic Dentistry by calling 703-754-0727. Dr. and our entire team at our dentist office in Haymarket, Virginia, look forward to enhancing your smile with better oral health care.